John Reid Plumbing and Heating, Glasgow

Gas Safe Register Product Banner

Call Us On:

Approved Installer

Gas Safe Register

John Reid Plumbing & Heating are certified under the Gas Safe Register to carry out work on gas installations and appliances: view our Certification details online.

To find out more, read the F.A.Q's below, or visit the Gas Safe Register Website.

What is Gas Safe Register?

Gas Safe Register has replaced CORGI in Great Britain and the Isle of Man. The register exists to protect you, your family, and your property from dangerous gas work.

By law, anyone carrying out work on gas installations and appliances in your home must be on the Gas Safe Register. Be gas safe – always use a Gas Safe registered engineer. Always ask to see their Gas Safe Register ID card.

Why do I need to use a Gas Safe registered engineer?

It’s all about safety. To make sure that gas appliances such as boilers, fires, ovens and hobs are installed, maintained and serviced safely you should employ a Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out the work.

If someone other than a Gas Safe registered engineer does the gas work in your home, you could be risking the safety of your family and your property.

Why is CORGI gas registration in Great Britain ending?

The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) undertook a review of gas safety in 2006. This review concluded that there was a strong case for modernising the gas registration scheme to bring added benefits to gas consumers and gas engineers. The review called for a clearer focus on gas safety, and simple registration and competence requirements for gas engineers without compromising safety or service standards. It was an opportunity to build on the successes of the existing registration scheme, and at the same time introduce innovation and add value to gas consumer safety.

How do I check my engineer is Gas Safe registered?

Always ask for the card. All Gas Safe registered engineers have an ID card with their licence number and a photograph. The licence number is easily verified on the website or by phone and we will get back to you with confirmation of the engineer’s name.

If you think your engineer is not registered, just call Gas Safe on 0800 408 5500 or contact them via the Gas Safe website.

© John Reid Plumbing & Heating | Telephone: 0141-776-7671 | Mobile: 07931-770-314